President Bush Lite
GWBB -- GWB Black
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the Man come and take you away.
"It is becoming increasingly clear that
George Bush [Sr.], operating largely behind the scenes throughout the 1980's,
initiated and supported much of the financing, intelligence, and military
help that built Saddam's Iraq into the aggressive power that the United
States ultimately had to destroy."
And who'll deny it's what the
fighting's all about?
So, just exactly how much is $1,135,000,000,000, 1.13 Trillion Dollars? Well, it's $3,750 for every man, woman, and child in the USA. If you are a family of four, it has cost you just about $15,000. It has perhaps even cost you a child, husband, wife, father, or mother.
But what could you do with that kind of money other than killing people and trying to mold a country into our image, protect Israel?
If our leaders cared enough about this country to borrow $1,135 billion, what kind of things could he do with it?
Let's put it into perspective:
- The cost of the entire Apollo Moon Program (in 2006 dollars) -- $135 billion
- The cost of tuition for al 17,000,000 college students this year -- $272 billion
- Current expenditures for all public education in 2002–03 -- $388 billion
- Yearly cost of all Public Libraries -- $1.1 billion
- Current Gross Income of all US Airlines -- $25.2 billion (On which they made $2 billion)
- Jerry Lewis MD Telethon -- $0.066 billion
- American Cancer Society Research and Support Programs -- $0.581 billion
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI) budget (a component of the National Institutes of Health, is the Nation's principal agency for cancer research receives its funds from the U.S. Congress.) -- $4.83 billion
- Breast: $0.557 billion
- Colorectal: $0.251 billion
- Lung: $0.264 billion
- Prostate: $0.309 billion
- Twenty Year Cost to repair all the dangerous (27%) Bridges in the USA -- $188 billion
- Twenty Year Cost to upgrade America's drinking water treatment plants -- $161 billion
- Five Year Cost to ensure the reliability of the national power grid -- $50 billion
- Clean up 350,000 chemically contaminated waste sites over the next 30 years -- $250 billion.
- Fourteen Year Cost to stop sewer overflows and sanitary sewer overflows ( 850 billion of gallons of raw sewage annually into rivers, streams, lakes and oceans) -- $390 billion
- Hurricane Katrina 2005 -- $81.2 billion
- Hurricane Andrew 1992 -- $44.9 billion
- Hurricane Wilma 2005 -- $20.6 billion
- Hurricane Charley 2004 -- $15.4 billion
- Hurricane Ivan 2004 -- $14.2 billion
- Hurricane Hugo 1989 -- $12.6 billion
(Researched in 2006; 2006 dollars all above)